Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[APP] ironzorg's application [Denied]
Hello !

Since my application is a bit special compared to the ones your clan already got, I thought I would not follow the conventional template provided in the sticky posts.

Presentation

Name's Frank, and I'm 22. I currently live in France, but I'm moving out in a few months to Finland (yay) to continue my studies in some university in Helsinki.

I've been around the AC community for a while now, I used to play for the =RadioActive= clan a couple years ago (before the 1.0 version of AC was released). Most "old" players know me because I used to be an active modder (the "Carbon" mod and the "GodPatch" mod were my biggest C++ mods), but since I've been away for a while nowaydays' players don't know me. Feel free to ask your questions.

The application

Like I said above, my application is special. Indeed: I want to apply to your non-gaming squad, aka the support staff Smile

I've been on PB's irc channel for around 4 months, and more globally on AC-related channels since I started playing the game (which takes us back to 2007-2008), so I got to know a few of PB's members (Evanzo, Nightmare, Droid, RR, ShadowZ, Zarj …), and already knew Bukz.

Also, since I was one of the =RA= clan's leaders, I know what kind of issues raise when you have to manage a website, forums, an IRC channel, servers… so I think I pretty much know what "support" really means on the scale of a gaming clan.

Skills

Here's a (non-exhaustive) list of things I can do:
  • IRC OP: I'm on 24/7 (my connection is, that doesn't mean I stare at my computer screen when you're in bed Smile)
  • Code: I can code in several programming languages (such as C++, Python, JS, bash…)
  • Sys admin: I have several servers of my own (physical machines), I know my way around UNIX systems fairly well (maintenance, packages managing, etc)
  • AC servers hosting: as stated above, I do own a few servers so I can host AC servers (based in Europe though)
  • Lame jokes: yep, I can make unfunny jokes that I'm the only one to laugh at, but eh, can't be perfect Wink

--

I wrote in this post every info I could think of that you might find useful to "treat my case", but like I said feel free to ask more questions (here or on IRC).

Btw, today was a shi**y rainy day, so I thought I would play around with gimp a little:

[Image: iGkwG.png]

I have nowhere else to use that tag, so feel free to use it where you see fit Wink
[Image: jmgRMSB.png]
Wow.
This was a surprise Smile, though lucky for you I have heard of you Tongue
Good luck!
oooooooooooooooo cool. Very unique app.
Supported.
Edit: I like the Bodyguards pic you made. :0
[Image: AK7ba.png]

"I want to apply to your non-gaming squad, aka the support staff"

Well, >>I<< am not playing atm because my ping is fucking ridiculous, and I really detest that the in-game activity is none lately. We already have 14(?) members, not collaborating in activity, so, I'm not very thrilled by this statement. You don't have my support. But, my opinion at this moment really means nothing, so, good luck.
[Image: 98D2x.gif]
Well isn't this a surprise. I guess I can speak for all of us when I say that I'm unsure how to deal with your app, but we'll figure it out. Meanwhile, good luck!
[Image: 11867.png]
Indeed, I echo other's statements here by saying that this is indeed a surprise. Good luck, ironzorg! I know that you have been around for quite a while in the community, and I look forward to play some games with you.
Keep cubin'!
I've seen you a bit, not much else I can say.

Not quite sure how to treat the app, but that can, as said above, be figured out.

The appeal comes from your know-how knowledge.

And I believe everyone forgets that I still regularly play in-game, just aliased XD
[Image: Jv3OC.jpg]
Thank you all for the warm welcome you gave me, and for considering my (unusual) application.

I don't think I have anything else to say that was not written in my first post, so feel free to come say hi on irc !
[Image: jmgRMSB.png]
I support this app. Wink
Interesting, very interesting.