Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frag'n'Frost Tournament Guidelines, Rules, and FAQ
Exclamation 
This is a 1v1 (Duel) Tournament

The Terms:

Round: one segment of the entire tournament several sets will take place in each of the early rounds.
Set: a complete game made up of 4 quarters and a possible sudden-death tiebreaker.
Quarter: an individual map/mode

The Timeline:

The schedule for this tournament isn't set in stone at the moment. I would like to be courteous to KAL and not start until they finish their tournament. But I expect that this tournament will begin next weekend.

The Servers

You will need to use a server with special map/mode rotation for the duration of the tournament. The servers being used during this tournament are:
(Verse bestows his deepest thanks to MasterKaen and BigGunz for providing a server for this tournament.)

Chicago, run by Verse
/connect ferric.tk 1492 --B}Bold
/connect ferric.tk 1927 --B}Dauntless

Virginia, run by MasterKaen
/connect ohgodwhy.info 4567 match --Heisenberg

Los Angeles Run by BigGunz
/connect la.dyhclan.org 6666 match --dyh| Server

If you would care to lend the use of a server you have access to for this tournament Verse would be very happy. You must use one of the special servers, as they use a special map/mode rotation.

The map/mode rotation is:
Code:
//map                   :mode   :time   :vote   :minplayer      :maxplayer     :skiplines
ac_arctic               :0      :2      :1      :0              :020           :
ac_werk                 :13     :2      :1      :0              :020           :
ac_snow                 :4      :2      :1      :0              :020           :
ac_scaffold             :10     :2      :1      :0              :020           :

//0 Team Deathmatch
//2 Deathmatch
//3 Survivor
//4 Team Survivor
//5 Capture the Flag
//6 Pistol Frenzy
//9 Last Swiss Standing
//10 One Shot One Kill
//11 Team One Shot One Kill
//13 Hunt the Flag
//14 Team Keep the Flag
//15 Keep the Flag

The Rounds

The first round will be round robin with people competing in there respective hemispheres. Points in the round robin round will be awarded as follows, 1 point for a loss and 2 points for a win. This brings two lines to success: by playing a lot and winning a few, and by winning. This system not only awards winners, but those with the greatest activity. If later deadlines are not met, the player with the best record of activity will be awarded the win. Deadlines for the round robin tournament will be dependent on the number of entrants, but they will be from 1-2 weeks after the tournament starts.

The second round will be double elimination with players seeded based up on their performance in the round robin round. Deadlines will be set, by the tournament officials after the number of participants known. Expect the deadlines to be between 3-5 days apart.

Bracket, the bracket will be generated using http://challonge.com. (No need to create an account with challonge, officials will adjust the bracket as needed.)

The Set and Quarters

Each set consists of a logon-preliminary, 4 quarters, and the possibility of a sudden death tiebreaker. Each quarter is 2 minutes long and has a different map/mode.

A. Logon-preliminary
During this map/mode(s) players logon and wait for their opponent to logon. After both players have joined the server they may spar without affecting the score of the game. The official quarters only begin after both players have logged on and a new map/mode (MM) has been loaded by the server.

As the server mandates the map/mode combos there is no voting for map or mode. Any map mode may be the first quarter, as the 4 MM rotate you will eventually play all 4 MMs during one set.

B. Quarters
1st Quarter:
HAVE FUN! Every hit/score after this point counts. As noted earlier, you may have a different starting MM, but as the rounds progress you will play all 4 MMs
2-4 Quarters:
Not much different, just play your heart out, you only have 2 minutes to defeat your opponent.
To determine the winner of a quarter we will be using the AC scoreboard, thus we go by Flags, Kills, Deaths, Points. If all these are tied, the round is a tie.

***Change after getting feedback from players***
(games played previous to this change are not affected.)
You must play 4 games. If these 4 games end do not result in a clear winner (see the three circumstances), then you will continue playing the maprot until someone wins a match.

C. Sudden-Death Tiebreaker
***Change after getting feedback from players***
This only occurs under three circumstances:
WIN-LOSS-TIE
2-2-0
1-1-2
0-0-4

A tiebreak round occurs when there is no definitive winner.
In these cases a Sudden-Death Tiebreaker will begin using the next set's MM. The first player who wins a game will take the set. With the understanding that it may take a bit to determine that a tie has taken place, wait until both players have recognized and agree tie has taken place before you begin the sudden death round. You may use /gonext to start the next map.

Documentation:
A screen shot from each quarter and Sudden-Death Tiebreaker is required for the set to count. If multiple tiebreak rounds occurs, then only a screenshot from the definitive one is needed.
All the demos from the games will be stored locally on the server, and accessible to everyone through ferric.tk Please provide a link to the respective demos. If you do not play on ferric.tk, try to download the demo.

Complaints:
A complaint may be posted with tournament officials. To complete the complaint evidence must be available.

Disconnections:
Since the rounds are very short getting disconnected can severely affect your chances of winning. In this case, the disconnected player is essentially at the mercy of their opponent. If it is early in the round the players may continue if both parties agree. If it is not feasible to continue, the players may opt to throw away that quarter and start afresh on the next quarter. If a rage quit or other offence is suspected the remaining player may request a forfeit by the opposing player subject to the discretion of the tournament officials. In the case of server kick please kick Verse in the pants, it's his fault

The Awards

Awards will be for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd
There will also be awards for best in class:
The Yeti, best survivor
The Bullet, best sniper
The FlagTagger, best flag hunter
The HardHitter, best DMer

[Image: 942178_10202211084025654_201418072_n.jpg]

Exclamation 
This post will serve as a FAQ:

What does the Win-Loss-Tie thing mean?
Each line describes a possible win/loss for one match. In the first line: "2-2-0", this says A player wins two games, loses two games, and ties zero games

What needs to change to make a server work for this tourny?
All you need to do is use the special maprot provided up there ^^
The advantage to using ferric.tk is that you have the demos accessible online.

Do I need a demo for my matches?
If you do not play on a ferric.tk server then a screenshot should suffice, however I would suggest getting demos in case of a dispute.

What is the practice round?
A practice round is just a round until both of the players are there. It also serves as a warmup round. A player may ask for another two minutes to warm up if they come in late in the round.
Players please note that the rules have been changed by popular demand. Verse is not an "All Seeing Oracle" and thus is prone to create problems at times. But, thanks to your wonderful critiques you have made the tournament better.

Updated the tiebreak rules again, as being confusing was not the intention Smile
Tie wording reworded again.

Four games minimum, if no clear winner comes out of that, you continue playing until someone wins a game. You don't replay games that resulted in a tie.
Another server has been added!

Los Angeles Run by BigGunz
/connect la.dyhclan.org 6666 match --dyh| Server

THANKS BIGGUNZ!!

Just got word from my VPS provider:
Quote:The Maintenance window will be Feburary 23rd at 12AM EST and will conclude at Feburary 23rd at 2AM EST. During this time your VPS will be may be unaccessible for upwards of 30 minutes. We do not anticipate VPS's to be down the entire maintenance window.

FYI
I may need to restart my servers after the maintenance, as they are not designed to start up automatically. Thanks again to MasterKaen and BigGunz for providing alternate servers to play on.

This afternoon when I checked my servers, they were down. I don't have time to investigate at the moment, but I will when I get home this evening.

Verse

P. S. the issue may resolve itself, but I wanted to post this for reference