Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tourney Idea Color Wars.
[EDIT: Changed Name to Color Wars. So as to avoid confusion with the RVSF v CLA wars]
Ok this is a tournament idea I had today. It is just that, an idea. It is designed to allow a more flexible formation of teams. Much more similar to what actually happens in AC, i.e. you play with who's online.

There are ~2 teams (3 teams would work two I suppose if we have more players)
(I just listed people in alphabetical order and split them in half)
Team RED
A. CharlyMurphie
A. Droid
B. evanzo23
B. Nightmare
B. Noobicus

Team BLUE
A. Razta
A. Ronald_Reagan
B. ShadowZ
B. Verse
B. Zarj

Total matches ~10.
the x matches each player must play ~2 < x < ~6. In plain speak each player must participate atleast 2 times but may not participate more than 6 times.
To mitigate stacking (this isn't perfect, but should help) each team will have 2 A players and 3 B players.
In any match the number of A's in one team must equal the number of A's in the other team, and the same with the B's. E.g. a match of
(A. CharlyMurphie & B. evanzo23)
v
(A. Razta & B. ShadowZ)
or
(A. Droid & B. evanzo23 & B. Nightmare)
v
(A. Ronald_Reagan & B. ShadowZ & B. Verse)
would be good to go as each team has the same number of A. and B. players.
For scoring each match is worth the total number of participants divided by 2, so a 3v3 == (3+3)/2 == 3 points. It could be 6 points too I suppose, or some other scoring system.
[Image: 942178_10202211084025654_201418072_n.jpg]

Note that this set-up is being considering for the December/January 2v2(which would become a 5v5 or so...instead). So more members may come, etc. by then, hence changing it a bit. If this format gets enough support from the clansters, then we can try and use it instead of the standard format that the current 2v2 tourney is using.

If you like 2v2's and the current format, then just say so. <3
[Image: AK7ba.png]

Zarj helped run a RVSF vs. CLA tourney back when he was in U.

But everyone in AC was invited. Tongue
(08-14-2011, 05:37 PM)Nightmare Wrote: Note that this set-up is being considering for the December/January 2v2(which would become a 5v5 or so...instead). So more members may come, etc. by then, hence changing it a bit. If this format gets enough support from the clansters, then we can try and use it instead of the standard format that the current 2v2 tourney is using.

If you like 2v2's and the current format, then just say so. <3

What B}Nightmare said. I just like spouting ideas.
[Image: 942178_10202211084025654_201418072_n.jpg]

what's the october-november one? 0o
1v1 tournament, which gets used for seedings for the 2v2/etc. that comes after. Wink

Ah, well... I didn't really understand your explanation, Verse, but I will read it again in a bit to rethink it.

And I know that some of this may be due to me never being on at the same time as my partner, so I am sorry for that... This time of the month has just been busy, but I will begin to wind down more for AC soon. Smile
It seems like Zarj's idea but to a smaller scale (our clan rather than AC on a whole)
TBH I'd rather help Zarj out with the large scale CLA vs RVSF tourney rather than another tournament (no offense, I know nightmare has done a bang up job with the past few tournaments <3)
(08-14-2011, 08:06 PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: It seems like Zarj's idea but to a smaller scale (our clan rather than AC on a whole)
TBH I'd rather help Zarj out with the large scale CLA vs RVSF tourney rather than another tournament (no offense, I know nightmare has done a bang up job with the past few tournaments <3)

These tournaments aren't mandatory, you can sit the future ones out if you wish. Wink

I think I like this!
As for the CLA vs RSVF tourney, since that would be larger scale, it wouldn't affect any in-clan tournaments.
After all, we still play pubs and inters and ACWC even with the internal tournies.
Keep cubin'!