Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BBL|04 Season Predictions
Big Bash League is a month from starting in Australia. Just chucking this here, in hope of the Australians joining in and the Americans guessing wildly. Tongue

Number the ladder from 1-8, then pick the winners out of 1v4 and 2v3, and then pick the winner of the winners from those matches.
The teams are:
Sydney Sixers, Melbourne Stars, Adelaide Strikers, Brisbane Heat, Sydney Thunder, Perth Scorchers, Hobart Hurricanes and Melbourne Renegades.

Best of luck for the couple of people that do participate.

The season runs from 18th Dec-28th Jan.

Nightmare
Orynge (Finals)
Andy
RikPik
prime example of why fruit shouldn't be brought to life
*google google google*

CRICKET?!

1) Hurricanes
2) Scorchers
3) Stars
4) Heat
5) Sixers
6) Strikers
7) Renegades
8) Thunder

Hurricanes > Heat
Stars > Scorchers
Hurricanes > Stars

How do you win? xD Pick the champ? A point for each team in the right resulting spot? etc.
[Image: AK7ba.png]

(11-12-2014, 04:01 AM)Nightmare Wrote: A point for each team in the right resulting spot? etc.

Probably something like that.

EDIT: I'm going to look through all the teams properly before I pick, I would put Stars first but they've lost quite a few players after last year's choke.
About to copy orynge picks and mix 2 op, ultimate victory yay.
So this is cricket and not Aussie Football mehh
Aussie Rules runs April-September, definitely not now. Tongue

1. Hurricanes (good all-round side, Dunk+Hales are the best openers in the league and Boyce now bowling)
2. Sixers (very good team on paper, hoping they put it to use now)
3. Stars (lost Hodge and Wade, Pietersen's joined and they still have White, Maxwell, Faulkner, McKay and Muirhead)
4. Strikers (now with Simmons, Hodge and Pollard)
5. Scorchers (lost Simmons, but still have the Marsh brothers and Hogg)
6. Renegades (still have Finch, gained Wade and Ryder)
7. Heat (gained Flintoff, need Cutting to do something special)
8. Thunder (Huss and Morgan need to be brilliant again, not sure why Khawaja's still got a contract)
Hurricanes > Strikers
Sixers > Stars (Stars will never win a semi final)
Hurricanes > Sixers

The teams aren't final yet so I dunno.
I'll get in in with some picks by Sat. night or Sun. morning. On a whim I'm liking Heat, Hurricanes and Renegades. I love the Melbourne/Florida theme Tongue

Edit: is it '04 or '14 season predictions. Im just not that knowledgeable on this sport........YET
03/20/80
(11-12-2014, 07:13 PM)charlymurphie Wrote: Edit: is it '04 or '14 season predictions. Im just not that knowledgeable on this sport........YET
Hahaha 2014 season. For some reason when advertising/promoting it they stylize it as BBL|04 because it's the fourth season.

I'll probably change this closer to the start but for now:

1. Stars (8-0 last year before choking)
2. Sixers
3. Scorchers
4. Heat
5. Hurricanes
6. Strikers
7. Renegades
8. Thunder (one win in two years)

Stars > Heat
Sixers > Scorchers
Sixers > Stars
Andy you put Stars> Hurricanes when your rankings show Stars would play the Heat.
Feexxx eettt.
[Image: AK7ba.png]

Aaah ahhhh aaaah ahhhh fixed
How about this? 3 points for getting a placing right, 2 points for being 1 place off, 1 point for being 2 places off, and then 2 points for each finalist and 2 more for getting the winner right.