Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BBL|04 Season Predictions
Sounds good.
Also, I know nothing about cricket other than the basic rules we learned in gym class back in middle school & high school.
I just saw the last 3 results and looked for trends for my guesstimates. :p
[Image: AK7ba.png]

Changed with the confirmed teams coming out today.
1. Stars (Have managed to cover for the lost players. Tipping point: if Pietersen was worth the money)
2. Scorchers (Odd team management, 4 of the best spinners on a pace-oriented home ground, and they've lost Simmons. Tipping point: How often both marsh Brothers play, they are playing tests right now and could leave Perth's batting very weak.)
3. Hurricanes (No all-rounders that will play consistently. Tipping point: Whether or not Sammy is asked not to play by his country)
4. Strikers (The unexpected death of Phillip Hughes has left their batting a little weak. Tipping point: Whether or not Simmons and Hodge have repeat seasons, if not they could be going down based on their low batting stocks)
5. Renegades (Definite improvement with the adding of Wade, Cooper, Ferguson and Ryder. Tipping point: Pattinson getting a test call-up may throw their bowling off, but this seems to be a very well-built team. Finals aspirations?)
6. Sixers (Signed Haddin, Smith and Lyon even though they won't play due to test commitments, along with possibly Starc. They also don't have a wicketkeeper. Tipping point: If Abbott can't play and Starc gets a call-up, this team is going to be very vulnerable.)
7. Heat (Signed Watson and Johnson who will both not play for them. Again sticking a lot of faith in their all-rounders. Tipping point: This team has 4 all-rounders who will play every match (Hopes, Christian, Cutting, Flintoff). Hopes and Christian were awful last summer, and need to pick it up if they want to improve at all.)
8. Thunder (Still have Cummins, morgan and Hussey, but their only all-rounder is Kallis. #pray4thunder. Tipping point: All their batters need to perform to move up and actually start winning. I'm looking at you, Khawaja/Blizzard/Patterson.)

In closing, Renegades seem to be the only team that have improved with the team changes, and maybe Heat or Thunder showing minor improvements. Forth time lucky for the Stars? (I hope so, being a Stars fan myself) Also, R.I.P. Phillip Hughes, Scorchers' chances at back-to-back titles, and the Striker's reserves. They all unfortunately died at the same time (that might be a little tasteless, but I'll just confirm that I'm still quite upset over Hughes, may he rest in peace).
prime example of why fruit shouldn't be brought to life
3 days. Smile
Last minute adjustment

1. Stars
2. Hurricanes
3. Scorchers
4. Renegades
5. Sixers
6. Strikers
7. Heat
8. Thunder

Stars > Renegades
Hurricanes > Scorchers
Hurricanes > Stars
Is this too late? Idc still posting Smile

1. Hurricanes
2. Stars
3. Scorchers
4. Strikers
5. Sixers
6. Renegades
7. Heat
8. Thunder

Stars > Scorchers
Hurricanes > Strikers
Hurricanes > Stars

Go Hurricanes go!
Stars (7/148) lost to Strikers (2/149 off 12.3 overs)
MOM: Tim Ludeman (Strikers) with 92* off 44 balls
Stars were really quite sluggish with the bat, Wright and Pietersen put together some good scores but were way too slow. Zampa and Richardson impressed with the ball for the Strikers.
Ludeman single-handedly killed the Stars, the quickest 50 in BBL history and Clive Rose won't get another game for the Stars anytime soon, going for 36 runs off his 2 overs.

Renegades (7/154) lost to Sixers (2/155 off 18.5 overs)
MOM: Nic Maddinson (Sixers) with 84 off 54
I didn't watch this one so I'm basing this off the scorecard. Wade batted very nicely for Renegades with some support from Ferguson, but Lee and Abbott bowled very well for the Sixers to restrict them.
Maddinson pulled a Ludeman for the Sixers, and the Renegades had no standouts in the bowling.

Hurricanes (5/190) defeated Stars (9/138)
MOM: Darren (?) Sammy (Hurricanes) with 38 off 20
Wells and Sammy batted well for the Hurricanes with support from BBL03 MVP Dunk. Hastings bowled well for the Stars but everyone else got slaughtered.
White put together a good innings for the Stars, but Doherty, Mennie and Hilfenhaus dismissed the rest of the team cheaply. This isn't the same team that went 8-0 last season.

Thunder (1/208) defeated Heat (152 off 15.2 overs)
MOM: Jaques Kallis (Thunder) with 97* off 55
Mike Hussey and Kallis put together one of the finest opening stands that T20 cricket has ever seen. Eoin Morgan also had a small help and one of the craziest shots that will be in the highlight reel for a while.
Despite some resistance from Lynn and Reardon for the Heat, Sandhu, McDonald and Cummins knocked the Heat over with ease and Thunder win their first game in years.

Scorchers (7/146) lost to Strikers (9/147 off 14.7)
MOM: Josh (?) Behrendorff (Scorchers) with 4 wickets and 22 runs off 4 overs
Klinger and Harris did well for the Scorchers batting-wise on a bowler-biased pitch. Richardson bowled well for the Strikers again.
Strikers would not have won this match if it wasn't for Hodge's experienced batting, Behrendorff ripped through the Strikers but Hodge stayed in long enough to get the Strikers over the line.

Hurricanes (8/154 off 19) lost to Sixers (3/158 off 18.1)
MOM: Moises Henriques (Sixers) with 29* off 25 and 2/22 off 4
Bailey put together a really good innings for the Hurricanes with help from Paine and Dunk but sadly the rest of the team was quiet, while Lee and Henriques contributed to the Sixers with the ball.
Lumb, Maddinson, Wessels, Henriques AND Silk helped Sixers achieve the total without much loss. Boyce bowled well for the Hurricanes but ultimately their short bowling stocks cost them the win as their good bowlers were used up trying to get wickets. The favourites have been defeated.

Scorchers (3/192) defeated Renegades (5/157)
MOM: Michael Klinger (Scorchers) with 105* off 60
Klinger and Harris dominated the Scorchers' innings, and the Renegades had no answer with the ball, with all 4 of their main bowlers unavailable (O'Brien, Rimmington and Herrick are injured while Siddle is on international duty).
Despite Russell's massive hitting (4 sixes, one went 105 metres), Behrendorff again bowled beautifully. Important to note that Arafat was absurdly expensive for the Scorchers, he is usually one of the best bowlers in the competition but went for 1/46 off 4 overs.

Sixers (7/180) defeated Thunder (5/164)
MOM: Aidan Blizzard (Thunder) with 80* off 42
Another good all-round contribution from the Sixers' batters, with Wessels being the stand-out. Sandhu and Cummins again bowled well for the Thunder.
Besides Blizzard and McDonald showing that he can still hit a boundary after being out of the game for 3-4 years, Thunder couldn't repeat their monster effort from the first game. Lee, Abbott and Henriques again all performed for the Sixers with the ball. We have new favourites.

Heat (8/164) defeated Stars (7/163)
MOM: Ryan Duffield (Heat) with 3/28 off 4
The best T20 game I've seen in my life. Lynn, Reardon and Cutting helped the Heat out with the bat, while Faulkner and Hastings bowled well for the Stars.
Duffield really should've ended the game with his first six balls after knocking over White and Maxwell cheaply, but Wright, Faulkner, Triffitt and a really special knock from the injured Quiney (who was struggling to walk) almost saved the match. They needed 33 off the last 2 overs and fell short by 1. Absolutely incredible stuff. I'm really sad that the Stars are pretty much out of finals contention already, but the match was amazing.
(What really killed it was putting Maxwell in as the third batsmen when they needed someone that could stay in for a while, but oh well)

Oh and the standings:

1. Sixers 3-0 (+0.65)
2. Strikers 2-0 (+1.85)
3. Hurricanes 1-1 (+1.01)
4. Thunder 1-1 (+1)
5. Scorchers 1-1 (+0.79)
6. Heat 1-1 (-1.38)
7. Renegades 0-2 (-1.16)
8. Stars 0-3 (-2.1)
Did I win yet?!

1. Strikers 4-1 (+1.154) Probably only need 1 more win with 3 games left, in very good form so they're looking very good.
2. Scorchers 4-2 (?) Not certain yet, but probably in the finals.
3. Sixers 3-2 (+0.003) Lost the last two games, and with 4 teams up their arse they are going to need to get a move-on.
4. Thunder 2-2 (+0.064) Have won when Kallis steps up, someone else is going to need to win games for them.
5. Stars 2-3 (+0.004) Massive turnaround, won the last two games and now back in contention.
6. Hurricanes 2-3 (-0.403) Haven't recovered from losing Bollinger and Laughlin, needs more work on bowling.
7. Renegades 2-3 (-0.733) Batting has not been good, most of their bowlers are injured.
8. Heat 1-4 (?) Out of contention. 7 all-rounders hasn't worked, apparently.

Nightmare: 8 points
Orynge: 6 points
Andy: 9 points
1. Strikers 5-1-1 (+1.172) (remaining game: Renegades) In the top 2. They have a home semi-final. (potential placings: 1-2)
2. Scorchers 5-2 (+0.848) (rem: Stars) Almost certainly in the top 2. Same as above. (PP: 1-3)
3. Sixers 4-3 (-0.023) (rem: Thunder) No certainty yet. A win won't necessarily keep them in third, and a loss may even see them out of the finals. (PP: 2-7)
4. Stars 3-3 (+0.012) (rem: Thunder, Scorchers) In a good position, 2 wins might put them in 2nd. 1 win will almost certainly put them in the finals. (PP: 2-7)
5. Hurricanes 3-4 (-0.181) (rem: Heat) Need everything to go right to get to finals. Unlikely with their NRR. (PP: 3-7)
6. Renegades 3-4 (-0.223) (rem: Strikers) Same as Hurricanes, but they're in an even worse position. They're also playing against the Strikers. (PP: 3-7)
7. Thunder 2-3-1 (-0.229) (rem: Stars, Sixers) They'd need something absurd to happen, but it's possible with two games left. (PP: 3-7)
8. Heat 1-6 (-1.401) (rem: Hurricanes) Only team out of contention. rip (Place: 8)

S teams OP

Nightmare: 10 points
Orynge: 11 points
Andy: 8 points
:D One game left.