Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For the Record
I would be posting this on the AC forums, but I am banned there. Here goes:

Firstly, my one regret in screwing around with the "Thanks" buttons is ruining jamz's day. I have already apologized to him privately and would like to apologize to him publicly. It was not, and will never be my intention to make light of all the hard work he does. He is probably the one person who works hardest to see AC continue running, and I appreciate what he has done immensely.

Secondly, I would like to state that I did not "hack" anything. I did nothing that a regular user, given enough time and motivation, could not have done themselves. I thanked 3100 posts. I did not trick other users into thanking posts they did not mean to, or "steal" any thanks, or anything else of the sort.

Thirdly, I could have just have easily undone what I did. The same script, with literally an 8 character change, would have undid it.

Fourthly, the thanks button can still be implemented. There are two simple features which could be added to the forums which would make my "exploit" and Undead's "exploit" unusable. If any of the forum admins are interested in seeing the thanks button brought back, they can ask me about these features.
Keep cubin'!
* Nightmare holds up 'Free Zarj' sign.
[Image: AK7ba.png]

Zarj,

Would you like me to post this on AC forums?
I would like at least a link to this on the AC forums, but I'm not sure where it would be appropriate to put that link, seeing how the original thread has been closed.
Keep cubin'!
I'll edit my closing post.
[Image: 2782ab44f8904b9e8f8ac39.png]
[Image: AK7ba.png]

<3Zarj. 4ever and always
[Image: 11867.png]
Lolwtf am i missing?
(03-16-2012, 09:48 PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: Lolwtf am i missing?

Even I know, and I'm on a 1.5 KB/S internet.
(03-16-2012, 08:25 AM)Zarj Wrote: I thanked 3100 posts

You are a true Canadian.