Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glimpse at what the DE Round has in store.
Star 
For the DE round there will be some changes.

Ronald_Reagan and Nightmare are working on the DE bracket mode/map combos, yes different maps and different modes. Some longer quarters are in the works and possibly quarters with unequal lengths.

We will also be working on deadlines for the DE Round. It is important to be active and do well now, as these RR games will help if we need to award a win when a game hasn't been completed by the deadline. The win going to the more active player.

I'm hoping to make up the DE Round bracket completed on Sunday after all the results are in.

Most importantly, HAVE FUN!
[Image: 942178_10202211084025654_201418072_n.jpg]

Ok here is an example of what is going to take place. I need to emphasize, that this is NOT! the final bracket! The final bracket will almost assuredly contain more players Many games have yet to be played and players may end up in very different places (Not you lucky). For this example I only took topish 16 players, and seeded them. the seeding is not perfect, but will do for this example. Please do not take your inclusion in this as a guarantee that you will go on . So with that aside, here is is the example.

http://challonge.com/fragnfrosttournament <-- (if you are in that bracket you probably will be in the final one, so start making bets Wink [taking bets on Lucky 2 to 1], of course it's possible that some players could rise from the bottom and knock you out, so don't get comfortable)

Now with that we need deadlines. This is Double elimination, so if you look at the bracket you will see that each round has two parts, a winners bracket (WB) and a losers bracket (LB).

In this example Round 1 (R1) will last 7 days. There will be four days to get your WB game in. For those who lose they will have the three remaining days to get there LB game in. So losers play two games in a week.

It goes on from there, I have worked out the details, but it get's rather laborious to follow (and right up, especially round 3 which has 2 sets of LB games) and since this is only an example I'm going to leave it for when we really start it.

Regardless of the number of players, I would like this to be completed before the end of March. This means that with more people the games will be much tighter, probably only 2 days between games for those in the LB.

Players please feel free to voice you concerns. If we have 24 players expect a VERY tight first and second week.
[Image: 942178_10202211084025654_201418072_n.jpg]

The rounds will be done slightly differently. Same concept and rules, however the maprot will change. It will still be four matches, however the time limits will be more around the 3-4 minute range (expect some variance), with two of the same maps.

The current idea is this:

3 min PF Arctic, 3 min OSOK Werk, 4 min HTF Gothic, and 4 min SURV scaffold.
*glimpse
Trollface