Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Application Invitation Extended to asthenia: [Withdrawn]
asthenia, you are hereby invited to apply to the Presidential Bodyguards. I am VERY excited that you showed an interest in applying to my favorite clan. You have been on my radar screen since the beginning of June when we first played and I have been hoping that you would take a liking to us. That said, we are a clan and make decisions as a clan: so far every applicant has either been denied or accepted with a unanimous vote. I wish you well in this application process.

Things that will help you in your application:
1. Read, this (if you haven’t already) and follow its format for your application
2. Play with us: Search for our “B}” Tags in AC. We can often be found on the TyD ladder these days and our public server B}Alert
3. Join us on our IRC channel using an IRC client or our handy dandy web client which Ronald_Reagan our esteemed leader set up for us.
4. Being active in AC and IRC is important and is likely affect how quickly your application goes.
5. Read through what our previous applicants have done both successful and denied to get an idea of what we put you through, and expect.
6. Most of all have fun. This is a time to see how you fit in and how we fit you, it’s a two way street.
[Image: 942178_10202211084025654_201418072_n.jpg]

Hey, I appreciate the invite. Thanks much, it'll be a pleasure playing with you guys over the coming weeks.

• What is your playing style like?

I'm an SMG whore by trade. I can definitely handle an SMG in any map or mode but I'm proficient in using AR and sniper. I'll use the carbine & knife combo in busy pubs because hey, it's great.

I'm strong in DM and CTF modes. My favorite official map/mode is ac_ingress/CTF. I'm sneaky, typically efficient, and always aware of my surroundings and enemy positions. I'm all about teamplay, but I'll whore my ratio up in FFA modes. I blame 1.0.0.4 for that.

• Some screenshots of your playing.

I don't take screenshots that often, so I've only got a few (albeit old) good ones from quite a while back.

http://i.imgur.com/q3dgM.jpg
Old screenshot, good pub game of CTF/ac_shine with some good opponents.

http://i.imgur.com/uVZIf.jpg
Pub game on CTF/ac_depot. May have been an interclan. This screenshot shows my efficiency and teamplay rather well.

http://i.imgur.com/R9MGj.jpg
OSOK/ac_douze a while back from when I was still in *rAgE*. Every time I see "omg rage stop cheating look at his score", I smile. ;D

• Past clans you've been in, and why you left.

I was in *rAgE* and I've been clanless since. *rAgE* became inactive and is considered disbanded.

• Past nicknames?

It's not uncommon for me to alias myself as 'unarmed', but I've kept the asthenia moniker ever since I started 1.1.0.4.

• Have you ever been banned/blacklisted, and why?

No to both.

• Why do you want to be in the clan?

B} is a strong, friendly, and serious AC clan, and I've been looking for one that matches my style for some time. I'm definitely a team player looking for team games, because that's where AC shines in my opinion. B} is respected and recognized within the community and that's a prestige I'd like to be a part of.

• Just talk about yourself or anything else for a few sentences.

I'm asthenia. I switch weapons at the wrong time, and invariably die when I'm priming a nade so my teammate explodes in front of me and goes "WTFFFFF". I get stuck on walls, and I can't use the flipping shotgun half the time. But I'm one of the hardest-fighting, sincere team players you guys will ever have. I'm friendly, responsible, I've had a lot of experience as admin on servers. I'm always up for a good game and I'm not gonna rage quit on you. Give me a shot, you'll have no regrets.

Thanks in advance for looking over this application.
Good luck dude!
Nice long app Smile
Nice app :O
Noobicus ftw @ 2nd screenshot

asthenia, jump on irc 24/7 and play with us. :D
and by 24/7 I mean whenever you have free time. Wink
xD
[Image: AK7ba.png]

Right on asthenia, I played with ya a few times and It never hurts to have an avid SMG'er on our sideWink. I'm looking forward to playing with ya and seeing what we may be able to learn from on another. See ya in game and irc.
03/20/80
Had a chance to play a round with The_Mystic_{B} / ShadowFlameZ. Our game was cut short before we could finish a 2nd match but here's the result of my pick, DM/ac_arid:

http://i.imgur.com/bVyc2.jpg

However, The_Mystic_{B} had to use a touchpad and didn't have any sound, so I'm pretty sure I would've taken a lot harder of a beating if the playing field was evened out. Tongue But hey, GG. I had fun!
Hahahahaha yeah it was fun.
Sorry bout having to leave in the middle of the second match - I'll try to finish that up with you either today or tomorrow, else you get the win Wink
Hey, just checking in to make sure you're still around.
(08-02-2011, 11:17 AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Hey, just checking in to make sure you're still around.

Hey, I'm still alive & kicking. Sorry for how absent I've been. Between life and other responsibilities it's been murder trying to find time to play AC. I'll make it a point to be online and in IRC at least a few times this coming week.

Thanks for your patience by the way. Smile

EDIT: In light of recent conversation I've had with some of B}'s members, I've decided to withdraw my application to the clan until I can resolve my inactivity issue. Allow me to say thanks for the consideration thus far and hopefully I'll be able to work something out that'll free up my schedule and allow me to re-apply in the future.

Thanks again B}.
-asthenia
No worries dude!
When the time is right, you can come back around and we'll see you then Wink